ALS THERAPY DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE – http://www.als.net
ALS TDI is the world's foremost drug discovery center focused solely on ALS. As a nonprofit biotech, we operate without regard to profit motive or politics. Led by people with ALS and drug development experts, we are funded by a global network of supporters unified to ending ALS in our lifetime.
ALS Association – Tennessee Chapter -- http://webtn.alsa.org/site/PageServer?pagename=TN_homepage
The Tennessee Chapter supports people living with ALS and their loved ones through services and education. We leave no stone unturned in the search for the cure of this progressive neurodegenerative disease.
TEAM GLEASON – http://www.teamgleason.org
Team Gleason is committed to providing for and finding solutions for those living with ALS and other related neuromuscular diseases. Our focus is on those with ALS and also those who care for them. Team Gleason’s small staff and volunteers work tirelessly every day to empower those living with ALS to live with continued purpose and as productively and independently as possible.
HARK – http://www.hark-als.org
HARK provides assistance to alleviate the financial burdens faced by families battling ALS. We offer support in many ways including:
· Purchased and donated a handicap accessible van to a pALS
· Purchasing equipment not covered by insurance
· Paying travel expenses for pALS to visit family or attend an important family event they would not otherwise be able to afford
· Visit communities across the country sharing Hope on the Horizon increasing awareness of ALS and benefitting a local ALS family
· Host Camp HLC, a free camp for children and grandchildren of ALS patients, with Hope Loves Company
· Provide financial assistance for household expenses
· Funding for the Elaine Stewart Tyrell Memorial Scholarship at Centenary College
· Funding for the Captain Stanford H Shaw III Memorial Scholarship for military families battling ALS
· Assisting families with children during the holidays